Tuesday 3 November 2015

A View From The Seatpost

When I bought a GoPro Hero3 camera some while ago, it came with a bundle of mounts which I have been experimenting with when out cycling.
I started with the GoPro handlebar mount.

l_21968387_003

After a few outings with this set up I became increasingly concerned with the stability (and security) of this arrangement. It seemed to do little to dampen the vibration transmitted through the front fork when travelling over rough ground. I looked around for an alternative and settled on the k edge.
41wbkbPRUeL._SY450_


K edge components aren’t cheap but are made of aluminium and come with a good reputation.
This set up became my standard arrangement and I used it many times.








Eventually I became a bit more adventurous and decided to experiment with a different viewpoint. Mounting the camera on the seatpost seemed like a good option so the original GoPro mount became an option again.
GoPro_Handlebar_SeatPost_Pole_Mount_2

In order to use this setup it is necessary to change the camera settings so that it is recording ‘upside down’ and using a Wi-Fi remote control is essential.
Despite being slightly nervous about not being to see the camera the results were worth the experiment.